Friends of Child Protection focuses on helping abused children
South Africa is a country rife with violent abuse against women and children
Rapists target ever younger children in an apparent attempt to avoid detection and to avoid HIV/AIDS infection
80% of perpetrators are known to the children and there is currently an extremely low conviction rate
FCP has distributed more than 73460 Comfort Packs throughout the Western Cape since 2006
There is hope... with your help we can reach out and help these children - one victim at a time
National Child Protection Week 2021 – Watch our video below
Share in the Solution
- Friends of Child Protection relies entirely on donations. As we all work on a voluntary basis and keep our costs to a bare minimum we have managed to give between 94% and 100% of our funds to the children.
- Even a small donation goes very far in South Africa.
- The number of packs requested always exceeds the number we are able to supply.
We need your help to be able to reach every child in need.
Teddies on a Mission
"The little girl was as stiff as a plank, cold and scared. We gave her a Comfort Pack and as we opened it and gave her the toy, she hugged it close to her and slowly began to relax and we were able to speak to her and take her to the hospital" Capt Amanda van Niekerk, Mitchell's Plain FCS Unit. The four-year-old child in question had been kidnapped that morning. It had rained all day. She had been found, raped and in shock that afternoon behind a bus shelter.
Flo Borchers says:
Friends of Child Protection (FCP) is not just the one face you see on that TV programme-
• it is the sum of years of dedicated, loving and caring service by volunteers on committees
• volunteers shopping and transporting
• volunteers pre-packing and packing
• volunteers donating and praying
• It is those who have donated items in their hundreds and thousands since we started
• loving folk helping with social media, with Information technology
• churches, ministers and congregation
• schools and schoolchildren
• volunteers in many different places knitting the ‘Teddies on a Mission’
• It is also members of our families who have helped and supported us.
WE ARE A TEAM! WE HAVE ONE HEART, ONE MIND – TO HELP CHILDREN WHO HAVE BEEN ABUSED, CHILDREN IN DISTRESS
For clarity, click on the settings button on the video and change the quality to 480p
Share the Vision
• There are those who mentored our early years, and got us going
• those selfless people who belong to the FCS Units the Unit Commanders, the investigating officers, the forensic social workers and all the personnel involved
• the Doctors and the nurses at the hospitals and Thuthuzela Care Centres, Friends of Thuthuzela,
• those who serve victims and their families from Safeline and
• those who assist the children at the @Wynberg Courts
• There are other charities with whom we have been linked and who have also played a role in this worthy cause - Community Chest of the Western Cape, Connect Network, Matla A Bana and more.
• There are the suppliers we have been using for years and who all go out of their way to aid us.
There have been generous donations and fund raisers all through the years from so many different countries and areas and those donations enabled us to serve the children in crisis
THEY HAVE ALL HELPED TO MAKE US WHO WE ARE –
THE TEAM – FRIENDS OF CHILD PROTECTION – but……..
We were born in prayer and have been sustained by prayer and it is to our loving Lord that we give our humblest most grateful thanks for His faithfulness and grace lavished on us.
We thank You, Lord Jesus.
Excitement as Knysna Knittingales hand over 130 teddy bears to Friends of Child Protection KNYSNA NEWS – About 130 hand-knitted teddy bears went to a worthy cause with great fanfare last week when... READ MORE